You can treat yourself to Netflix days once in a while, but sitting home all day in bed is really not good for you, mentally and physically. BUT IT’S YOUR LUCKY DAY – FOR I MADE A LIST that can help with new ways to be productive in 2017. So here are a few ways to keep productivity levels in check without overworking during the holidays, or any time of the year!
- Start a bullet journal. I REALLY want to start one. I see templates and different designs for bullet journals all the time, especially on Pinterest and Tumblr. I have a friend that has been updating her bullet journal for a year now, and she always tells me how it keeps her productive. She uses it to jot down her to-dos, upkeep her calendar, and also put in inspirational quotes and sketches. You can even write in daily journal entries about your day, and also put in a list of new things to try. These little things can actually improve productivity because you are focusing on things you need to do, and these constant reminders can motivate you to check things off of your to-do list ((instead of doing EVERYTHING last minute- you can pull that off once in a while, but you don’t want to kill yourself ok)).
- Try new things. Honestly, that’s what I’ve been doing recently. I have been catching up with my family during the winter break, and we have been trying new restaurants all around the city. Just look up “restaurants near me” in Google, and you will definitely find a lot. Go with friends or family, and try something different and new. Recently, my family and I went to an ice skating rink ((even tho we fell half the time it was still lit)). The point is to try new things and have fun.
- **Actually, a few days ago I went to a new years event at a plaza and I found a cute little store where there are drinks served to you while you paint. It was a really fun experience, and plus I met new people ((even tho im lowkey antisocial af)). It pays off to look around your area to try something new 🙂
- If you don’t like trying new things, try to rotate around things you do like to do. Don’t stick with one thing for the rest of the semester; it will definitely get boring. Read a book, try to cook up something new, try a new workout routine ((disgusting, I know, but this IS about productivity)).
- Talking about working out, it does sound annoying and pointless, but it really does help. If you don’t want to sign up for a gym membership, just jog outside or find some workout routines online, which is what I do. It really helps if your workout routine is in the morning because it actually energizes you for the day.
If you guys have any other suggestions, please let me know in the comments! Although it will prob be a #newyearsameme, it can be fun to change up some old habits!